The Return of the Rumble is coming to Aevitas Fitness in November! Many teams have already signed up, with several more in the works! Make sure to get your teams organized and signed up so you don’t miss your spot!
This post will outline everything you need to know about the first event of the day, “Into the Upside-Down”. Keep reading to learn about the workout and how it’ll be judged, then get your team together and start practicing!
Complete Workout Description:
At 3,2,1 Go:
15ft Rope Climbs:
- Teams will perform rope climbs relay-style (M1->M2->F1->F2, repeat).
- Each athlete will perform 1 rope climb (Scaled: 2 rope lowers) at a time.
- Athletes must stay behind their respective barbells and tag the next athlete in after each rope climb.
- Maintaining M1->M2->F1->F2 rotation, each partner must complete 11 deadlifts before the next partner can begin
- While one barbell is moving, the other gender pair is jointly holding their barbell off the ground. If athletes let go of the barbell, any reps completed while the barbell is not securely held will not be counted.
Box Jump Overs:
- Each gender pair performs 22 synchro box jump overs while the other gender pair both hold a handstand (Scaled: plank).
- Gender pairs may switch whenever they want, but are responsible for changing the box height.
- Two members of Rx teams must hold a handstand for the box jump overs to count. For the handstand hold, athletes cannot rest their butt on the wall.
- Scaled teams must hold plank instead of handstand hold, with only their hands and feet touching the floor.
- Any break on the plank or handstand hold will result in a required switch. A “break” includes resting your butt against the wall in handstand, resting a knee on the floor in plank, and anything else deemed disallowed by the head judge.
Handstand Push-Ups/Partial Wall Walks:
- Any two athletes (same gender or mixed gender) work together performing synchro HSPU/WW while the other two athletes are resting.
- Each athlete must perform at least one repetition.
Teams will then return to the Box Jumps Overs, Deadlifts and Rope Climbs in the reverse order.
Score = Time to complete entire workout
- If the workout is not complete at the 15-minute cap, the number of unfinished reps will be added to the team’s time (1 unfinished rep = 1 second)
- Rx and Master’s divisions will climb a rope until one hand makes contact with a target 15’ high. Ascend and descend anyway you’d like.
- Scaled division will perform rope lowers. Each athlete begins in a standing position holding onto a rope, and proceeds to lower their body to the ground by moving their hands down the rope while leaning back.
- Athletes may bend their legs during the rep, but their feet must remain in a designated circle underneath the rope throughout the rep.
- Only the back of the athlete’s shoulders may touch the ground.
- The rep is completed when the athlete has successfully pulled themselves back up to a full standing position.
- Each deadlift begins by pulling the barbell from the ground until the hips and knees are locked out, and the shoulders are in line or behind the barbell.
- Deadlifts will only count while the opposite gender’s barbell is held off the ground by both teammates.
Partner Barbell Hold
- MM and FF pairs must pick up the bar from the floor together with both athletes inside of the bumper plates.
Box Jump Overs
- The Rx division must use a two-footed take-off, both feet must touch the top of the box.
- Master’s and Scaled divisions may jump up or step up, both feet must touch the top of the box.
- All athletes may dismount however they like.
- The synchronized rep is counted when both athletes reach the opposite side of the box. No other aspect of the box jump over needs to be synchronized.
- Lateral or box-facing are permitted.
- Reps will only be counted while the opposite gender pair is simultaneously holding a handstand/plank.
Partner Handstand Hold
- Opposite gender pairs must maintain a handstand hold against the wall with hands entirely inside of a 40” wide taped box. Only the feet may touch the wall.
- Scaled: Partner Plank Hold – Only hands and feet may touch the ground.
- Rx and Masters divisions will perform HSPU with hands entirely inside of a 40” wide taped box.
- Masters athletes will perform HSPU onto 1 ab mat.
- Each rep begins with any two teammates upside down against the wall with elbows locked out.
- Athletes will touch their head to the ground/ab mat.
- The rep is completed when both athletes have reached the top of the HSPU with elbows locked out.
Partial Wall Walks
- Scaled divisions will perform synchro partial wall walks according to the 22.1 CF Open standards.
- Both athletes must begin each rep together with their chest and feet on the floor. No other aspect of the wall walk needs to be synchronized.
Overall Event Details and Team Registration
Have you not signed up yet? GET GOING! Find full event day details and registration links in the post linked below.
Also don’t forget to follow along on Social Media to get all of the details as they are released!
Good luck, everyone!