‘Tis the season of giving, and we are geared up to give at both Aevitas locations!
This year, we will be participating as a gym-wide community in a Reverse Advent Calendar activity to help support our local food banks. Read below to learn how you can contribute! And keep reading to learn about potential prizes you can earn just by playing along!
What is a Reverse Advent Calendar?
This year, the Guidlerland Food Pantry is sending out a “reverse Advent calendar”. This calendar lists one suggested item to donate for each day of the month leading up to the Christmas holiday on December 25th. Instead of a traditional Advent calendar, in which you open and take a small gift or treat each day, this calendar asks you to give a small gift each day.
We will post the calendar at each gym location, and place a box to collect donations at the base of the holiday tree. All you need to do is bring in the item listed each day!
All collected items will be donated to the Food Pantry at the end of the month. Guilderland donations will go straight to our neighbors at the Guilderland Food Pantry. Round Lake donations will be brought to the Northeastern Regional Food Bank.
Aevitas Giving Games 2022
Yes, we’re making this a game…I mean, how could we not, right?!
We really want to encourage as much participation as possible in this effort! To do that, we will be drawing for prizes at the end of the month as well. The more you participate, the greater your chances to win!
Here’s how the Giving Games work:
- Bring in a food pantry donation every day you come to the gym. Please stick to the calendar if possible, but really any donation on the list (even if it’s not that day’s suggested donation) will count!
- Every day you bring a donation, you earn one entry into the prize drawing. Simply write your name on a raffle ticket and place it into the ticket box (also set up by the tree) NOTE: please fill out one ticket per day. If you bring 10 items on a single day, you still get one ticket. But if you come 10 days and bring an item each day, you get 10 tickets… so…get that schedule in order, people!
- At the end of the month, we will pick one winner from each gym’s ticket box to win a prize!
- We will also place a cash donation to each food pantry based on the number of tickets that end up in the box – so even if you don’t think you can win, you should still donate and fill out a ticket!
- Want to place a monetary donation instead of a food item? That counts too! Again, one entry per day. You may drop cash right into the ticket box along with your entry ticket, or you may donate electronically and then fill out your ticket.
Guilderland Food Pantry’s 2022 Reverse Advent Calendar
Use the calendar below to help you determine what to donate each day of December! Remember, the more days you participate, the more chances you have to win!