All About Aevitas Kids
CrossFit Aevitas is proud to offer fitness classes for kids as a fundamental building block of leading a healthy, happy lifestyle. At Aevitas Kids, we make Fitness FUN, ensuring that kids learn to love exercise and view it as an opportunity, rather than a chore, as they grow and develop into active teenagers and adults!
On this page you will find:
Alright then, let's jump right in!
Kids these days are innundated with several conflicting ideas when it comes to health and fitness:
1) "Fitness" is something only parents do, and they don't really like it (most of the time)
2) Unless you want to play a sport, there's no reason to be "in shape" or to "work out"
3) You must be the BEST at your sport in order to make the team, and succeed as an athlete
At CrossFit Aevitas, we know that the terms "fitness" and "health" mean so much more than being the MVP of your athletic team. Fitness means being able to conquer whatever life throws at you. Health means happiness, confidence, and mental and physical toughness that allow you to succeed in many different endeavors.
From a child's perspective, being "healthy" and "fit" doesn't necessarily mean winning the 400m dash or scoring the most points on the basketball court. Being fit means being able to play, jump, run, and generally move around - like kids are built to do! And being healthy goes way beyond that. Our training not only teaches kids how to move more efficiently and have fun moving and playing, but also teaches kids the importance of teamwork, integrity, and persistence, among other things.
You see, being "healthy" goes so much further than physical health markers - being healthy is being able to handle what life throws at you - whether that be a difficult opponent on the soccer field, or a difficult test in the classroom. Physical, emotional, and mental development go hand-in-hand in our children, and the Aevitas Kids program marries these ideas into one interactive, challenging, and most importantly - FUN - program!
In our one-hour Aevitas Kids sessions, kids are challenged to work together and individually on a multitude of tasks. Each class is made up of:
- a "theme" for the day. Things like Teamwork, Persistence, even Nutrition!
- a general warm-up, followed by a warm-up game
- a skill session where kids learn how to perform functional movements more efficiently
- a "WOD" (Workout of the Day) to practice new skills and work up a sweat with a particular task in mind
- another game or two (depending on time) to really hammer home the ideas of fun, teamwork, and physical play
Our Aevitas Kids program is open to kids between ages 5 and 8 ("Aevitas Kids") and between ages 9 and 12 ("Juniors").
Coach Karen is able to make the hour a fun and productive time for all, by focusing on what each individual child needs and is capable of at thier unique stage of development.
There are few instances when a child, even at age 5 or 6, is not quite ready for the group class. This is a decision that must be made on a case-by-case basis between the parents and coaches. If you feel that your child might be ready, but are not quite sure, you're welcome to bring them in for a Free Trial to see how it goes _(see the "How to Get Started" section below)_
Karen has been coaching the Aevitas Kids program since 2015. She received her CrossFit For Kids certification in the spring of 2016, and works regularly to develop and update programming that is both accessible and challenging for the kids.
Aevitas Kids (ages 5-8) meet:
- every Saturday morning from 8:00AM-9:00AM(+), and
- every Tuesday evening from 5:30PM-6:30PM
Juniors (ages 9-12) meet:
- every Saturday morning from 8:00AM-9:00AM(+), and
- every Thursday evening from 5:30PM-6:30PM
(+): Aevitas Kids and Juniors are combined into one larger group on Saturday mornings
See our online Schedule for the most up-to-date information, including cancellations
Depending on how often your child attends the Aevitas Kids sessions, the cost per session will be anywhere from $12 to $25 per child. Here's the breakdown:
- 1st session is FREE
- come check out the Aevitas Kids program with zero risk to make sure it's a good fit!
- Fill out the form to reserve a spot
- Individual class rate = $25
- 5-Session Virtual Punch Card = $85 - expires 3 months after 1st use
- 10-Session Virtual Punch Card = $150 - expires 6 months after 1st use
The following discounts apply to all membership options:
- 2nd (and 3rd, etc) child receives 10% off prices mentioned above
- Active CrossFit Aevitas Members receive an additional 20% off any Aevitas Kids purchase
How To get Started
To get your kids into the Aevitas Kids Program your first step is to sign them up for a Free Trial in any of our Saturday sessions! Please contact us for details , or simply show up on Saturday morning! Refer to our Schedule for class times or cancellations.
- All kids need a waiver. You can fill that out (for each kid) here , or do it at the gym when you arrive.
- To let us know you're coming, please Send us an email, or contact us through the website
- Kids should wear comfortable clothing and sneakers to each session. Water bottles are encouraged, though there is a drinking fountain right outside the Kids room if needed.
How to Continue
Once you decide that the Aevitas Kids Program is right for you, let us know which membership option you would like and we'll get you set up!
- Each kid will get thier own Athlete Profile in our membership management system, Wodify
- Payments are handled through Wodify. We take the following payment methods:
- ACH (preferred) - handled through Wodify
- Credit Card - handled through Wodify
- Cash or check - handled in person
- Virtual Punch Cards, once used up , are automatically renewed.
How to Discontinue
If your child will be out for a period of time that's within the expiration of their Punch Card membership - no problem! Just use up their remaining punches when you're able to return. Don't know when your punch card expires? Ask us, we can look it up for you!
If you wish to discontinue the Aevitas Kids membership altogether, please let us know at least 14 days in advance of the expected use of the final punch.
Please NOTE: Punch cards automatically renew once used up, and we will not process discounts unless we were advised of the discontinuation at least 14 days in advance of the automatic renewal.
We look forward to working with you and your children create a happy, healthy, and FIT future together!