Time to lace up those running shoes and get training! We are hosting a “CrossFit” style Triathlon in October!
About the Event:
- DATE: Saturday, October 3rd
- LOCATION: Aevitas Fitness, Round Lake (2101 US Rt 9, Round Lake, NY)
- TIME: Athlete Check-in and Registration 7:30AM; Athlete Debrief 8:45AM; First Heat starts 9:00AM
- PRICE: $35 member/ $50 non-member or day-of registration
- PARTICIPANT CAP: 64 athletes
- RACE STRUCTURE: Sprint and Olympic distances. See below for details
- CHARITABLE CAUSE: Strong Through Every Mile (STEM)
All the Details:
This CrossFit-style triathlon will be similar to the standard swim – bike – run of a traditional Triathlon race, however we are adding a CrossFit twist or two!
- The “Swim” will actually be a Row on one of our brand spankin’ new Concept2 Rowers
- The “Bike” will actually be on one of our brand spankin’ new Assault Bikes (NOTE: there is also a road bike option, if you have your own bike)
- The “Run”… will still be a run 🙂
- The “Transitions” of a standard Triathlon will be replaced by mini-WODs. We will announce these in the coming weeks!
We will be running two different distances for this event. Choose your distance based on your level of competition and your desired time on the course!This CrossFit-style triathlon will be similar to the standard swim – bike – run of a traditional Triathlon race, however we are adding a CrossFit twist or two!
The “Sprint” course is designed to be completed between 35 and 60 minutes. The “Olympic” course should take athletes between 1:15 and 2:00 to complete.
- Sprint Course: 2km Row + transition 1 + 5km Bike* + transition 2 + 3km Run
- Olympic Course: 5km Row + transition 1 + 15km Bike* + transition 2 + 5km Run
NOTE: we will also be allowing road bikes for the Bike portion of the race, if you have a bike and would like to use that instead. Check out the course graphic below for details!
Registration for this event is $35 for Aevitas athletes, and $50 for non-members and day-of registrations. Registrations are capped at 64 athletes total, so if you show up on race day and we are full, you’ll have to become a spectator or volunteer instead.
Aevitas athletes will be charged through existing Wodify accounts. All others will be provided a secure payment link once the registration form is completed.
With your race fee, you will receive a race bib and a T-Shirt. Please make sure to fill out your style and size preferences in the registration form!
And the remainder of the fee? Whatever is leftover will be donated to charity! We have chosen a really great local cause to support with this race – “Strong Through Every Mile (STEM). Read more about their mission RIGHT HERE!
Ready, Set, Race!
To get registered for this event, please fill out the registration form:
Did We Miss Anything?
Still have questions? Let us know what we didn’t cover, or anything else you’re concerned about, by shooting us an email (email@example.com).
We cant wait to see you in October!