Come one, come all! We are pumped to announce that we will be hosting a (non-sanctioned) Obstacle Course Race this year!
UPDATE: Check out the Race Day Details Here!
We have updated the Race Day Details, with timing, what to bring, and a course map!
Why an Obstacle Course Race, you ask?
Other than, “this should be fun!” there was some other thought that went into our decision to organize this event in 2020. Mainly:
- Many people who had signed up for a Spartan Race or other OCR this year had their races canceled due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic.
- Our OCR crew at the Round Lake location is as strong as ever, staying connected and pushing each other throughout the past few months, and becoming better as a result. Some of our Guilderland athletes have joined in on the fun lately, too! We want to honor their effort!
- We have a new OCR head coach, Zephyr! And Zephyr is a go-getter, with lots of ideas and energy that he’s infusing right into the OCR program!
PS: want to learn more about our Obstacle Course Race Program at the Round Lake location? Check it out RIGHT HERE!
So, what are the details?
Below are the details you need to know. As the race gets close, expect some more course-specific details as well!
DATE: Saturday, August 29th
TIME: Athlete Check-in 7AM-8:30AM; Mandatory Athlete Debrief 8:45AM; First Heat 9:00AM
LOCATION: Aevitas Round Lake, 2101 US Rt. 9, Round Lake, NY (link to Google directions HERE)
RACE FORMAT: We will be running a “Sprint” Course (5km) as well as a “Super” Course (10km). Both will have plenty of obstacles including climbing walls, heavy carries/pushes, spear throws, trail running, and more!
Sounds Great! How do I sign up?!
We’re so glad you asked 🙂
Entry into this event is 100% free! In lieu of an entry fee, we ask that you consider donating to the charitable cause by bringing cash or items (see below for details).
Please fill out the form HERE to claim your spot! Spots are limited, so if the link doesn’t work, it probably means the event is full – get in now!
UPDATE: Race for A Cause!
The Aevitas Community Action Committee has decided that this event will help to benefit the United Way’s School Program! You can learn more about the school program RIGHT HERE
How to Contribute:
There are two ways to voluntarily contribute to the United Way’s School Program for this event. Think of these as your “registration fee” if you’d like!
- Bring any back to school item on the list (pictured below) to the event, or
- Donate cash! We will provide the sum to the United Way, to purchase items they may be short on
Note: all donations are completely voluntary – give if you’d like, as much as you’d like!