We are excited to annouce that starting in April, we will be offering CrossFit Kids porgrams at both our CrossFit Aevitas and CrossFit Round Lake locations!
We believe that fitness is a fundamental building block of leading a healthy, happy lifestyle. At Aevitas Kids, we make Fitness FUN, ensuring that kids learn to love exercise and view it as an opportunity, rather than a chore, as they grow and develop into active teenagers and adults!
On this page you will find:
Kids these days are innundated with several conflicting ideas when it comes to health and fitness:
1) “Fitness” is something only parents do, and they don’t really like it (most of the time)
2) Unless you want to play a sport, there’s no reason to be “in shape” or to “work out”
3) You must be the BEST at your sport in order to make the team, and succeed as an athlete
At CrossFit Aevitas, we know that the terms “fitness” and “health” mean so much more than being the MVP of your athletic team. Fitness means being able to conquer whatever life throws at you. Health means happiness, confidence, and mental and physical toughness that allow you to succeed in many different endeavors.
From a child’s perspective, being “healthy” and “fit” doesn’t necessarily mean winning the 400m dash or scoring the most points on the basketball court. Being fit means being able to play, jump, run, and generally move around – like kids are built to do! And being healthy goes way beyond that. Our training not only teaches kids how to move more efficiently and have fun moving and playing, but also teaches kids the importance of teamwork, integrity, and persistence, among other things.
You see, being “healthy” goes so much further than physical health markers – being healthy is being able to handle what life throws at you – whether that be a difficult opponent on the soccer field, or a difficult test in the classroom. Physical, emotional, and mental development go hand-in-hand in our children, and the Aevitas Kids program marries these ideas into one interactive, challenging, and most importantly – FUN – program!
In our 45-minute Aevitas Kids sessions, kids are challenged to work together and individually on a multitude of tasks. Each class is made up of:
- a “theme” for the day. Things like Teamwork, Persistence, even Nutrition!
- a general warm-up, followed by a warm-up game
- a skill session where kids learn how to perform functional movements more efficiently
- a “WOD” (Workout of the Day) to practice new skills and work up a sweat with a particular task in mind
- another game or two (depending on time) to really hammer home the ideas of fun, teamwork, and physical play
Our Aevitas Kids program is open to kids between ages 5 and 12.
Our Kids coaches are able to make the session a fun and productive time for all, by focusing on what each individual child needs and is capable of at thier unique stage of development.
There are few instances when a child, even at age 5 or 6, is not quite ready for the group class. This is a decision that must be made on a case-by-case basis between the parents and coaches. If you feel that your child might be ready, but are not quite sure, you’re welcome to bring them in for a Free Trial to see how it goes _(see the
“How to Get Started”
Karen has been coaching the Aevitas Kids program since 2015. She received her CrossFit For Kids certification in the spring of 2016, and works regularly to develop and update programming that is both accessible and challenging for the kids.
Our next Aevitas Kids session is starting up Wednesday, April 1st, and running for 6 Weeks.
Kids sessions are held:
- every Saturday morning from 9:00AM-9:45AM at CrossFit Aevitas in Guilderland, and
- every Wednesday evening from 5:00PM-5:45PM at CrossFit Round Lake
You’re welcome to attend classes at both locations, however we expect that most families will choose the location and time that works best for them.
See our online
for the most up-to-date information, including cancellations
- Six-Week Session Rate (first kid) = $85
- Individual class rate = $25
The following discounts apply to all membership options:
- 2nd (and 3rd, etc) child receives 10% off prices mentioned above
- Active CrossFit Aevitas and CrossFit Round Lake Members receive an additional 20% off any Aevitas Kids purchase
How To get Started, and few more details
Sign your kids up for the Aevitas Kids Session by filling out the form HERE
- All kids need a waiver.
You can fill that out (for each kid) here
, or do it at the gym when you arrive.
- Kids should wear comfortable clothing and sneakers to each session. Water bottles are encouraged!
- Each kid will get thier own Athlete Profile in our membership management system, Wodify
- Payments are handled through Wodify. We take the following payment methods:
- ACH (preferred) – handled through Wodify
- Credit Card – handled through Wodify
- Cash or check – handled in person
We look forward to working with you and your children create a happy, healthy, and FIT future together!